The Prophet ﷺ said, “It is not permissible for any Muslim who has something to will to stay for two nights without having his last will and testament written and kept ready with him.”
Narrated/Authority of Abdullah bin Umar
Having an Islamic will is our obligation as Muslims, and with the unique circumstances of revert sisters who may not have Muslim family, it becomes even more important.
Not having an Islamic will could mean:
- Non-Muslim families lay claim to a Muslim revert’s body and wish to dispose of it in a non-Islamic way
- Bodies getting cremated and the lack of observance of a proper ghusl before burial
- Non-observance of the Janazah prayer
- Observance of burying the bodies in a non-Muslim cemetery
- Observance of invasive post-mortem examinations
- Possibly long and unnecessary funerals
- Little to no instructions on handling of affairs after death
We understand that having an Islamic will could have been hindered by the lack of knowledge or resources, and so we’ve created this service to make it easy and accessible for revert sisters to have a shariah-compliant, legally binding, tax efficient will, and be able to plan for their passing by appointing guardians for their children, making sure everyone gets a fair share, as well as supporting any causes and charities they care about.
Note: The Will-Writing Service is currently only available to revert sisters in the United Kingdom who have majority of their assets in England & Wales.
How does it work?
- Complete the application form and declaration.
- A confirmation email will be sent within 24 hours after your application is received.
- Use the link in the email to go to the Will-Writing platform.
What happens next?
- Inside the Will-Writing platform, sign up by entering your email address and password.
- Get to writing your will by answering the different sections.
- Complete and pay the nominal fee of £10.
- Wait for your will to be sent via email within seven (7) days.