For the past 7 years Solace has provided support to over 1000 revert sisters from all over the world via its Support Scheme service.
The Support Scheme provides support to revert sisters experiencing the following problems:
- Abandonment by non-Muslim relatives upon entering Islam
- Isolation and loneliness
- Homelessness due to reversion
- Emotional and physical abuse
- Marital problems
- Difficulties making changes such as wearing hijab, informing non-Muslim relatives of reversion
- Doubts in faith and thoughts of leaving Islam
What is the Support Scheme service?
SOLACE UK has established a very structured and clear service which aims to provide support to revert sisters in difficulty. Our Support Scheme service is very unique in that it provides each revert sister with a fully trained support worker for one to one support.
During this support, an initial assessment is carried out which outlines what the revert sister’s current problems are and where she would like to be. From this, an individualised support plan is established.
The support is structured and person centred with the following aims:
- Supporting the revert sister with her current problems
- Providing her with the tools she needs to move towards where she would like to be, thus empowering her
- By practically and emotionally supporting her, SOLACE then aims to help her re-establish herself upon Islam – with the hope of each revert sister experiencing the zeal, love and passion she once experienced upon entering Islam
What types of support are available through the Support Scheme service?
- Mediation service for service users experiencing difficulties with non-Muslim relatives
- Emotional support for service users who feel down due to strained relationships with non-Muslim relatives
- Help in improving social network
- Emergency temporary accommodation for those who are homeless as a result of reversion
- Counselling for victims of emotional and physical abuse
- Helping service users work through their marital problems
- Step by step action plans for service users who are finding it difficult to adopt Islamic practises such as wearing hijab, praying 5 times a day, fasting through Ramadan
- Emergency support for revert sisters who have doubts in their faith as well as thoughts of wishing to leave Islam
In addition to our core support service, we provide sisters with services and are designing new services in the following areas:
I came across Solace during an absolute crisis point in my life. I was completely homeless on the street. Solace helped me immediately after I contacted them. I sent photos and screen shots of documents to Solace over whatsap to verify my situation and over a few hours I was helped! They paid for me to go stay at a hotel and I was just so grateful I didn't have to sleep on the street that night. That night I was finally able to have a wash, collect my thoughts, and calm down from the calamity... Read moreAnonymous
Prior to receiving support from Solace, I was at breaking point in both my personal & spiritual life. After being Muslim for almost 7 years, I began to question if becoming Muslim was the right decision & if Allaah even existed. Since the very beginning of my Islaam I have been through really turbulent times and life changing events including two failed marriages which were both violent and abusive, financial hardship which almost rendered me homeless, abuse from my family and now being ... Read moreAnonymous
Alhamdulilah for Solace, it is a much needed service for revert sisters. May Allah (swt) reward all the Solace sisters’ efforts for providing such genuine support in the Ummah. I reverted to Islam many, many years ago. I approached Solace as I felt I was 95% ready to walk away from Islam, my deen was getting weaker by the day. I ‘looked’ the part but my heart was getting emptier by the day too. The remaining 5% feeling of ‘just’ checking where I was with my deen must have bee... Read moreAnonymous