Solace was set up in 2010 by a group of women who were concerned about the difficulties facing revert sisters both in the short and long term, and their variety of needs. Whilst there are many organisations within the United Kingdom catering for the educational and Islamic needs of revert sisters, there appeared to be a lack of support and provision of services catering specifically for the holistic needs of revert sisters. Recognising the need for an organisation with the aim of supporting revert sisters through their various difficulties led to the creation of Solace.
Solace launched in January 2011 and became a registered charity in 2012.
Solace is a charity that provides a range of services for revert sisters in difficulty, regardless of whether they have been Muslim for 2 weeks or even 20 years; it supports them when they are going through life’s problems alone, suffering in silence, or even no longer enjoying their Islam.
In 2016, we established a branch in the Midlands and in 2017 our first international branch in the Netherlands began operation.
Though a UK based charity, we have received requests for support from revert sisters worldwide which demonstrates the need for the expansion of Solace. Support us to reach our vision of a worldwide network of Solace.
- To encourage revert sisters to empower themselves to manage their lives, emotions and relationships with confidence and vision.
- To enable sisters to explore their faith in an open and engaging environment, and establish firm foundations in Islam.
- To create community awareness of the issues that revert sisters face and offer practical solutions.
- Provide training for volunteers and staff, equipping them with the knowledge and support skills required to meet the diverse needs of revert sisters.
- Liaise with a range of diverse supportive services to enable revert sisters to receive specialist support.
- Provide faith based support through carefully designed services.
- Develop comprehensive programs that educate the wider community on how to develop and improve their support to revert sisters.
- Provide a safe space for revert sisters to discuss their difficulties in a supportive and confidential environment.
I have come a long way by the mercy of Allah. I feel I'll be able to stand on my feet without our mentoring sessions although I will miss them. I trust in Allah to strengthen me and my imaan will continue to rise along with my current affairs. Once again jazakAllah khayr for all your support. Although we didn't get to meet I pray Allah can give you success in your affairs always. Ameen.Anonymous
I truly appreciate all the advice and emotional you have given me over this past year. Words cannot explain how grateful I am as you were there for me when I needed it most. My journey ahead will not be easy but I have the mindset to get through it with Allah's help. I believe I can.Anonymous
It was what I needed to get back on track. My relationship with Allah is so much stronger. It doesn’t matter if things don’t go right. I feel more steadfast in the deen. Knowing that what ever happens will happen anyway and ok. I really didn’t think that I was going to get my emaan back on track. It has made a massive difference in how I look at things. My husband: I see him from a different light and I understand where he is coming from and how I am to him that caused the straine... Read moreAnonymous